Fresh talent and new skills are needed as construction bounces back from recession, but what more can the sector do to promote and develop apprenticeships to help attract and retain the next generation?
Our Construction News webinar took place on 24 March and discussed the opportunities and challenges facing employers with vacancies to fill.
During the discussion we explored future skills needs to support a more digitally enabled sector, the changing face of construction and how professional accreditation can help your company to tailor its apprenticeship offer.
Some of the questions we addressed included:
- What are the current challenges for construction companies in recruiting and nurturing apprentices?
- How can we change perceptions of the sector to attract young people and mid-career professionals?
- What options are available to firms looking to develop apprenticeship programmes?
- Paul Devoy, chief executive, Investors in People
- Terry Collier, apprenticeships manager, Celsa UK
- Beatrice Barleon, head of public affairs & policy, Engineering UK
- Ken Simmonds, deputy managing director, Project Centre
Register below to watch the webinar.